viewty vs N95 or similar

cynic-al

I have a k800i which I like bar the wee screen and am being offered upgrades

I fancy the viewty or N95. I've read the thread on the former but not the latter (it's late...)

I mainly:
text
use the web (so keyboard needs to be useful)
use the camera (the k800i is good enough and I like the flash)
and radio.

It's nice to be able to send text while browsing etc (which I understand the viewty will not do as it's not a smartphone?)

I'm unlikely to use GPS or download much other software so the N95 is not nec the obvious choice.

Any views or other recommendations?

milkmanchris

Texting is not that easy on the viewty unless you have Kiera Knightley's slim fingers.

Oh the thought

Jazz Monkey Jr

Distinguished Member
I have also got a k800 and just got a n95 black, I looked at the viewty but found it hard work navigating and the touch screen is a but of a gimmick for normal phone stuff.
The N95 is a bit fatter but has loads of stuff going for it, and it easier to text than the 800 as the keys are bumpy. The camera seems pretty good but not sure if it is as goos as the k800 one yet, not used it enough.
You would be best to get a wireless keyboard if you are doing lots of web surfing on the N95.
It is a shame not to use the N95 for sat nav and other stuff as there is loads of software for it.
Also consider battery life, the k800 lasted ages but the N95 will only last a couple of days or so.

RandomLee

Distinguished Member
I have neither slim or sausage fingers and find it easy to text on the Viewty.

I did take a little getting used to but now it's just as easy as any other phone I've used. It's a great phone and I love it. Good for DIVX movies on the train etc and the camera is really good for a phone.

I would say the N95 has a lot more going for it though. If had the option to get it for free I would have went for that instead, but it's too expensive sim free. I got the Viewty brand new sim free for £220 so cant complain.

benbert

I have fairly large hands and texting on the viewty is fine, the qwerty layout however is pretty useless to me unless I use one finger.

mhorton

I too have fair big fingers and I have no problems texting when it's in the normal keypad mode. Suffer a little bit when using the keyboard.

cynic-al

cheers folks

So good to hear that some get on with texting on the viewty, but can you type as fast as on a normal phone?

Saldawop

Distinguished Member
I have quite large hands and find the viewtys onscreen keyboard very easy to use.When I tried the iPhone I couldnt believe how bad it was in comparison, now for that,you do need slender digits.

Sy1441

Ive got freakishly large circus fingers and can text on both keypad and keyboard mode no probs. Cant hammer out a lenghthy mail the same way i can on my blackberry but its very easy to use.

123orth

Standard Member

I did take a little getting used to but now it's just as easy as any other phone I've used. It's a great phone and I love it. Good for DIVX movies on the train etc and the camera is really good for a phone.

I would say the N95 has a lot more going for it though. If had the option to get it for free I would have went for that instead, but it's too expensive sim free. I got the Viewty brand new sim free for £220 so cant complain.

hi
can u point me in the direction from where to get viewty for 220,
cheapest i found was 269£ ,hence was leaning towards a contract
i need it for my daughter,who only wants a touch screen phone

K

Kofi

I need the viewty but the cheapest I have found is £270. Can you show me where you got yours?
Kofi...

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom