1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viewsonic Nextvision N3000w LCD TV Display

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Alzir, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Alzir

Alzir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, up to now I’ve always used a CRT monitor for my computer. Space is not too much of a problem and I haven’t looked at LCD’s before. After reading a few reviews of the Medion MD41630 my 21” CRT didn’t seem quite as big as it used to, so I decided to get one. Unfortunately I can’t seem to get hold of this model any more. The only Medion 30” I can find is the MD40803, which has a 25ms response time.

I’ve been looking around for a similar TFT/LCD TV and the only one I can find that has a 16ms response time and is within my price range (£1000-£1500) is the Viewsonic Nextvision N3000w LCD TV Display. The TV bit isn’t too important for me as it will be used to play pc games on mainly so I’m most interested in how it performs as a computer monitor. So far I haven’t found any reviews so anybodies opinions on this or any other similar 30” TFT would be greatly appreciated.

One other thing, can someone tell me what the difference is between DVI-I and DVI-D is please. The Viewsonic has a DVI-D input, am I right in thinking that this will still connect up to the DVI connector on my graphics card? I thought that was a DVI-I connector but I’m not to sure now.

2. djsat2

djsat2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think DVI-D will ONLY accept a digital signal where as DVI-I will also accept an analogue signal through the socket.

3. Forest Fan

Forest Fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    There are at least 3 magazines out at the moment with a review of the Viewsonic N3000. Off the top of my head I cant remember the exact magazines but all of the reviews were very good. 4/5 etc. As a PC monitor it's been given very good reviews. For TV use it's been rated at about 4/5 on image quality etc. As it's aimed more at PC's it's got a 1280x768 res.

I think it's also been given a couple of best buy awards in a couple of other magazines I've not read yet.

4. Bob Todd

Bob Todd
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +373
    also the viewsonic has its own PC drivers to help compatibility

5. Raspster

Raspster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just purchased the w3020n viewsonic. great monitor but no software cd included. it says plug and play monitor in settings and all attepts to get drivers for this monitor have been unsucessful. Any sugestions?

6. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Create your own in powerstrip?