1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ViewSonic N3260w - Where can I find reviews?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by revlob, Oct 23, 2005.

1. revlob

revlob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm thinking about putting together a home theatre PC, and I've been looking at 32" LCD TVs to use as a display. So far, I've had my eye on the following:

Samsung LE32R41B
    Everyone seems to be wild about this one on these forums. £850-£950

Hyundai HQL320WR
    A little cheaper, with 1000:1 contrast ratio, but lacking any digital inputs (not too fussed about that though) and generally receiving mediocre reviews. £650-£750

ViewSonic N3260w
    I can't seem to find anything about this one anywhere! Is it the same as the N3200W? I had difficulty finding it on ViewSonic's website to start with, until I worked out it could only be found on their UK site (which makes sense, I think). The specs look very good; quite similar to the Samsung. Seen on Misco for £780, so if I can save ~£100 by buying a very similar TV, I'd like to do that.

UPDATE: After doing a bit more research, it looks like the two ViewSonic models are very different. The N3200w is a 15:9 set, while the N3260w is 16:9. So now I'm even more confused as to why I can't find anything about this model!

Any advice?

2. Jinxy

Jinxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    I think you'll find that their quite new released onto the market. There is also a N3760w and a N4060w as well.

Steve

3. revlob

revlob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just received a reply from ViewSonic's sales department:

So I guess I'll be getting a Samsung then! But perhaps it might be worthwhile to keep an eye on the N3260w, come November.

4. CoolCurly

CoolCurly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    The HQL320WR was reviewed a while ago, but I can not remember where. On Ebuyers website you can read the readers reviews from people who have actually purchased the product.

There is however a new product launching in the next few weeks from Hyundai called the Q320 and the Q321 (the Q320 has a built in MMP).
    This 32" LCD has built in DVB-T tuners and is fully HD Ready.

32 inch Integrated HDTV Q320 (the one with the built in MMP)

- 32 inch TFT-LCD TV
    - Integrated HDTV (Built-in ATSC Tuner)
    - Support the most variety of memory card "14 in 3 MMP "
    : enjoy photo,movie and music file in memory card
    - FiT EngineTM for picture enhancement
    - 8ms Fast Response Time
    - SRS TruSurround XT®
    - Dolby Digital
    - Detachable speaker system (10Wx2ch)
    - Digital Interface , DVI with HDCP
    - Dual Scan / Multi-Viewing
    - Game Lock
    - EPG (Electornic Program Guide)
    - Favorite Channel Memory
    - A Variety Picture mode : Standard, Sports, Movie, Mild
    - A Variety Audio mode : Standard, Music, News, Sports

Full specs and images on both units can now be found on the ImageQuest Website - www.hyundaiq.com

This panel will me more expensive then the HQL320WR when it hits UK shores (2-3 weeks first batch) but I can not confirm pricing yet...

5. Mars2003

Mars2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    The Viewsonic N3260W does sound very good. I've been looking throught some reviews of the older models and I'm quite convinced as to the abilities of Viewsonic.

Looks like it's going to be between Viewsonic N3260W and Samsung LE32R41BD for me. It'll all fall to when the viewsonic is available for me to take home.

6. Count0

Count0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all

Im lucky enough to be getting a viewsonic n4060w in a couple of days (distribution permitting...) & ill happily report back. I've currently got a nice samsung 26" LW26A33W which is maybe 6 months old by now, so I do have a reasonable benchmark to work from.

FYI the previous 32" viewsonics that have been reviewed have been based on hitachi panels. Rewiews have been pretty good, esp for the relatively cheap price. Loads of info on http://www.homecinemachoice.com/reviews/ which is pretty up to date.

7. Count0

Count0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oops
    That nice new Viewsonic n4060w is delayed until the end of the month...

8. salubrious_k

salubrious_k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
    I'm also looking into getting one of the new ViewSonics, although I'll probably go for the N3760w (and so would be interested to read any user reviews).

Has anybody found a seller who has one of these in stock? Most places I've tried seem to suggest it will be December before they get any?

Count0, where are you buying your N4060w from? Is it a good price? The best price I've found so far is from www.morecomputers.co.uk - does anyone know if this is a decent store to buy from?

9. Count0

Count0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Salubrious_k - I work in the computer industry so its straight from trade distribution for me :) but the eta is the same regardless of who you get it from.

Nov 30th is my quoted date, but end of month dates tend to mean its a sort of guestimate when distribution companies are involved. Dont hold ya breath for the first week in december in other words...

10. Count0

Count0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    www.morecomputers.co.uk are selling the n3760 at about 3% margin... so you could get yourself a bargain if you're prepared to go to etailers.

As a comparison, the IT company I work for will resell them on a back to back basis at around £1049 + VAT

11. salubrious_k

salubrious_k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
    Thanks for the info. I think a few weeks wait would do me a lot of good, I'm pretty sure a lot of models are going to get discounted quite heavily in the next months. I'm going to try to keep my options open for the moment.

12. Mars2003

Mars2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
  13. salubrious_k

salubrious_k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
    Oh dear... That doesn't look too good.

Now it looks like I'm going to have to wait for a review of the Hitachi 37LD6600 to see if that's worth buying. Otherwise I'll just downsize and go for the 32" Samsung.