1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ViewSonic N3000w problem

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by gjm, Apr 25, 2005.

1. gjm

gjm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After a lot of research and consideration, I recently bought the above television which I am very pleased with. However, I have a slight problem when using it via the YPbPr component connections with a Toshiba SD-34VB Combi DVD/VCR. When using the most widescreen mode setting (the Viewsonic has a zoom function), a zebra crossing effect a few millimetres deep appears at the top of the screen from the left corner to the centre.

The Toshiba can only output a 625P progressive scan picture, whereas the Viewsonic will accept 480P, 576P, 720P and 1080i, but according to Viewsonic 625P and 576P are effectively the same thing. However, Toshiba say that my problem is caused by the ViewSonic not accepting 625P.

There is no problem with the DVD picture when viewing it through an RGB scart connection on the television.

Can someone explain the difference between 625P and 576P, and advise me whether it is likely to be causing this problem.

Geoff Major

2. ycb04

ycb04

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i also have a problem with the viewsonic n3000w
    i have my ps3 connected to the dvi with a hdmi to dvi adapter but get no picture what so ever yet i do get sound from the optical out and can hear the beep when i press x to confirm the settings
    Any ideas?

3. ycb04

ycb04

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry not an adapter it's a hdmi to dvi lead

4. roninx

roninx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ycb04,

any news on this? Did you manage to get a picture? I also have a N3000W and was thinking of getting a PS3.

Thanks
    Roninx