1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viewsonic N3000W 30" LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by gjm, Mar 11, 2005.

1. gjm

gjm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can I please have your views on this 29.5 incher!!!

2. Yaka

Yaka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    it did not get a good write up in what hifi mage mate.

3. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
  4. benwong

benwong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Probably got the same email through as you Jimmy!

Looks like a nice set, but the only thing that worries me is the 15:9 ratio..

Ben

5. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    This set looks great for the price. I am undecided if to get this or the Toshiba 27WL56. The Viewsonic is £100 more but has more connections and is bigger screen size. Once concern is the 15:9 ratio. WIll this mean images are distorted or will they be displayed with a boarder?

6. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +285
  7. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    yeah that looks good, but no one has any info on it.

8. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    After searching through this forum and most of the internet :) the one question I want answering still remains. How does this set's 15:9 aspect ratio effect the displayed image? Does it distort the image or display with boarders? I am sorry for starting another thread, but have had no luck by posting on existing threads.

As I made a new thread if any owners wish to post how they are getting on with the set then please go ahead. Thanks.

9. hengehog

hengehog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have had the set for about a month now.
    Picture quality is fantastsic - even on terrestrial aerial (depending upon weather).
    Have only one minor hiccup though.
    When playing DVD's through component, the picture seems to shift to the left slightly.
    I have spoken to a real AV buff who has just spent a few grand on his projector, and he had exactly the same problem when he first plugged his projector in through component.
    he sorted his with a firmware update, but I cannot seem to find any firmware updates for this set.
    Has anyone else expereinced this minor setup issue or come across any firmware updates for this set?

Hope to hear from you soon,

Russ

10. hengehog

hengehog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Doesn't seem to be an issue to be honest.
    The set has multiple zoom modes, and after running THX optimizer, the circles seem to be completely - well - circular.
    No worries on that point.
    BUT, there is a slight hiccup on my set when playing DVDs through component. The picture seems to shift to the left slightly.
    Apparently, a colleague had a similar problem with his projector & was able to resolve it with a firmware update.
    Apart from that, the set is pretty amazing for the money.
    Even my colleague, who has spent mega bucks on his AV setup is impressed by it. He even said that it has restored his confidence in LCD TV's.

Russ

11. hengehog

hengehog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    About a month ago & apart from the fact that images seem to shift slightly to the left (approx 20mm) when running through component (YPbCr), the set is damn good.
    Far better than I expected.
    One happy customer here,

Russ

12. hengehog

hengehog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased (well about a month ago) a European spec N3000W.
    the set is superb apart from I have found one hiccup:
    When playing DVD's through component at 576P, the image seems to shift to the left slighly.
    A colleague of mine has said that he had a similar issue with his very expensive projector & resolved it by upgrading the firmware.
    Has anyone else had similar issues or has anyone found a firmware update that is available for this set?

Russ

13. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +285
    Cant see there being a firmware update just for the picture shift this can be fixed by entering the service menu on the tv but im afraid i dont know how to do that on your tv.

14. jason20

jason20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have has one of these sets for about 2 months. I have found that playing DVD through componat using progressive scan shifts the entire viewing screen down and to the left. A wide screen film produces a black band half an inch wide at the botton and 2 inches wide at the top! It also reveals a broken white line (morse code dot and dash) at the far top left of the screen which extends half the width of the screen. Viewsonic cannot explain this. It is very anoying when watching films. Anyone had this problem?

I also find the picture using Sky to be a bit hit or miss. Lost is almost DVD quality. The Bill is very poor.

15. djsat2

djsat2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use my NTL cable(SCART), HTPC(DVI) and Xbox (Component, modded for hi-def gaming) with this screen and it think its great. Its the first big screen LCD ive had so i cant compare it to others but ive had no porblems with this screen and am glad i bought it. Ive yet to experience the problems mentioned above with the DVD image shifting to the left but then again i dont have a DVD plugged into it (i play DVDs on my xbox or HTPC). The only dislike i have is the speakers as they arent detachable.

16. f-shockz

f-shockz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've had this tv for about 3-4 weeks now. i have a few niggles, well one, that i'd like some info on.

to start with a (kind of) fix for the 576p problem. set your dvd player to NTSC forcing it to play the dvds in 480p which sorts the problem with the picture shifting down the screen.

now my problem. playing xbox in 480p/720p i get colours that have shifted to the left. this seems to happen only to areas of the same colour. ie. this picture.
    [​IMG]
    notice how the red, green and blue colours on the letters have shifted to the left leaving a grey part that should be covered (easiest seen on the red and blue) this is very annoying! it makes the games look like i'm playing them on composite :( :p

i'm using a monster component xbox cable.

also i get the same problem when i play dvds :(