Viewsonic 40" HD LCD TV.....£499 or less!

Matt Davidson

Novice Member
This is by far the cheapest 40" LCD tv I've found. £499 on Curry's website, but not in stock at this time, so I cant check to see if the 10% discount works. But if it does.....40" LCD tv for £450! :eek:

CLICK HERE

Spec doesnt look too bad. I know Viewsonic havent got the big name reputation, but has anyone had any experiences with them?

Matt

waxxy

Novice Member
gutted theyve not got it in stock but my local currys have in store.but its more expenmsive its nearly £800.do you think theyd price match it in store?

waxxy

Novice Member
i just been to the currys store they said the promotion only started today and the reason its cheap is because its a end of line set.

and the only one they had was the one on display i was gonna buy it but my wife convinced me not too buy it because there was no way of knowing how long it had een on show in the store.and also pointed out the fact these sets are showing a static image for 12 hours a day which cant be good for the lifespan of the screen.

im gutted i decided not too buy it but i know what my wife said made sense.

ive looked on all the curys group websites and all sem out of stock for some weird reason .

Just ordered this online and am happy to wait for it to arrive whenever. For £450 delivered, it's a bloody bargain. After reading some reviews, it's obvious it's not the BEST set available, but it seems very good. It was over £1000 not long ago, so this is a bargain

marty2005

Novice Member
How did you get it for £450 inc. delivery ?

Cheers.

marty2005

Novice Member
Ok - got the codes now.

n0chex

Distinguished Member
Use BPWASH10 to get 10% off, XMASFREE199 to save the £20 postage, and order through Quidco for another 3% off.

N

Nathan NWales

In stock in the N wales area but cant get the codes to work.

krands85

I was going to get the Samsung 26"R73 from Currys using the codes on here for my mum's xmas/birthday for £450.

I finally decide to order and the codes don't work anymore, the day before I tested everything and it worked fine as well! :suicide:

Now I've seen this and ordered it tonight! Hope it all works out alright, seems like such an unbelievable deal. It was over £1250 a few months ago I believe.

Shame it doesnt have freeview built in, I'll have to buy a separate box. But 26" to 40" for the same price.... can't really say no :D

D

davidatemybaby

The only thing I'm worried about is if that resolution is still gonna look "high definitionish" on such a big screen. Do you guys know anything about that?

I'm mainly buying it for the Xbox 360 I'm getting for chrimbo, not bothered about standard def TV

S

spanielgita

after looking at the reviews this seems like the bargain of the century! I am a poor student and i am considering buying this!! aaaaah what to do? 450 pounds delivered is a good deal.

Somebody should do a review on this one soon, that would be most appreciated by all i think! :thumbsup:

blizeH

Should someone who's in absolutely /no rush at all/ to get a HDTV buy this? I'm thinking by this time next year I'll want a 40" HDTV, but I want a decent one really, should I go for this?

(not that it'll be there when I get to work to order it anyway x_x)

It seems to be getting good reviews which is swaying me! But then again, I won't have anything Hi-Def to go into it until next year (X360 and PS3 don't have enough games to tempt me just yet).

marty2005

Novice Member
There is also a N4066W.

It has freeview + 2 x hdmi but it's £1200 at the cheapest.

£1500 at one online shop.

N4060W is £50 more than the WW Technosonic 32" and that was only a budget model.

Duel

Banned
Seems like they've sold-out already. If you're willing to pay £70 more then PC World are selling it for £520. I assume the other retailers will soon drop their price on this model too. Perhaps this is the beginning of the Sales period, it seems to get earlier every year! :eek:

EDIT:

Been checking out a number of reviews for this TV and it's a mixed litter of puppies. Check out this review for a less than glowing appraisal of the telly:

http://www.goodgearguide.com.au/index.php/taxid;2136212661;pid;1437;pt;1

marty2005

Novice Member
I've read a few reviews and it's not rated very high in blacks and other things.

They are still calling it a bargain and that is when it was over £1000.

It has been superceded with the 66 having 2 hdmi+freeview, they must have improved other things.

But for £450 it's probably a good stop gap until you get the 1080p 50" or whatever.

It's £50 more than the 32" Technosonic, how would that be reviewed.

Is it better than the Techno?

I've also noticed that in the US, you can also get it in black.

Duel

Banned
Being a bargain all depends on the picture quality. In the link I provided the reviewer indicates that the picture quality is terrible and as such £450 would be a massive waste of money, even at a third of the recent price. If the reviewer is to be believed, then most people would be better off sticking with their current set on spending more for a better one. Now, this is but one negative review and as has already been demonstrated there are a number of positive ones too. I would guess that this set represents very good value for money and is actually a high quality TV. However, until I saw it for myself I would not be convinced.

It may not be possible to purchase this for £450 anymore. If you try to purchase it from Currys, a message pops up stating that it is currently unavailable. Only time will tell if and when they restock, and if they do the discounts may no longer be valid. But on the positive side, I have a hunch that we are going to see a lot of HD-TVs drop considerably in price over the coming month. ;)

RMCF

Distinguished Member
This is an 'end of line' set, hence the low price, so I can't see Currys getting more stock in.

As for the prices dropping, I think if you can hold off until the New Year we are gonna see a lot of big price cuts in the LCD/Plasma market, especially when no-one is spending money post Xmas.

S

spanielgita

yeh they were still in stock at about 2:00am this morning on the website, i just phoned curries and they are totally out of stock it seems. seems like the bargain of a lifetime missed :(

krands85

Well I still haven't had a proper confirmation from Currys yet.

I got an email with all the details, but it said something like: "Payment will be taken when the order is confirmed, subject to stock availability"

daggman

Standard Member
even iu ordered at 2am this morning like me....u will get an email stating they have cancelled your order.

marty2005

Novice Member
I wouldn't call it the bargain of a lifetime.

Negitve points include poor blacks which come out blueish in color.

Remote not very responsive, menu not very logical. Not many functions on the menus.

Pip isn't fully implemented.

Reviewers say it looks dated.

Viewsonic give it too much hype for something that is substandard compared to other makes.

Outlines appear pixelated and jaggered,

Lag between video and sound.

These are just some of the negative things I've picked up on several reviews.

There are good points but I think the bad outway the good so I wouldn't be worried about missing it. I considered it but did some research first.