1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Views on Toshiba needed

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by chewy71, Dec 27, 2004.

1. chewy71

chewy71

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

Thinking of getting a Toshiba 43VJ33Q 43ins rear projection TV. Cant find much information on it though. Does anyone have any opinions on it. Particularly want to find out about the viewing angles as heard they are normally naff.

Hope everone had a good Christmas.

cheers

2. condyk

condyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have a difference TOSHIBA RPTV and view angle can be an issue. The very best picture is straight ahead with TV at around eye height when sitting down. Standing up and moving off centre and around the angles deteriorates viewing by different amounts. This is only an isue if you don't watch from an optimal, or close-ish to optimal, position. Very good TV's though and I have been delighted with mine. For £699, a third the price of a decent 42" PLASMA, and with built in Freeview and good surround sound these RP's are fabulous value. You may just need to rearrange your furniture a bit to get the best viewing.

3. chewy71

chewy71

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that. I'm still worried about the viewing angles due to sheer awkwardness of the room but I'll see if I can check one out in a shop.

Have a great new year.