1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Views on the Whathifi/Stuff Show in November

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by LFCRules, Oct 7, 2005.

1. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Hi,

I was thinking of booking time off work to travel up to the Whathifi/Stuff show at the Novotel in London with a couple of mates. Question is, is it worth it? Just read a post from last year saying that the Whathifi/Stuff show last year wasn't too good, putting it nicely ;)

The Scottish show is a bit of a trek for me from Portsmouth, so this would be the next best thing, or would it? Do they offer any good worthwhile demo's and opportunities to ask lots of questions? Or is this just a commercially driven show with little interest to the (relative) enthusiast like me?

Cheers

Andy

(I know this should be in the Shows&Events forum, but I thought I would drop it in here first to generate some interest)

2. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    What about this one?

http://www.home-entertainment-show.co.uk/

It's held in Manchester, see the link for dates, I went a couple of years ago and thought it was very good indeed. Bought my Arcam DV88+ after seeing it on demo at the show.

Although I do not possess the same level of expertise as many forum members I would think that the Manchester show is set up to cater well for 'enthusiasts', on the evidence I saw when I attended.

I am going to give the Glasgow one a try this year (although I have instructed the missus to keep all credit cards etc. under lock and key, don't need any new stuff!).

3. dvdchild

dvdchild

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    i bought my ticket the other day for the lo9ndon show but i doubt i'm gonna be able to go to it due to working - anyone want to buy it off me. It's for the Saturday between 1:30pm & 6pm.

DVDCHILD