1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

views on the pioneer vsx c300

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by amancalledchip, Jan 10, 2002.

Tags:
  1. amancalledchip

amancalledchip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Looking at getting home cinema and the pioneer vsx300c amp,pioneer 444 dvd, and the speakers pack the vs50k,seems to be favorite at the moment.

My main interest in the vsx300c is because it has video/audio phonos at the front along with DV in.Also combined with the 444, it means its multiregion dvd,cd,cdr,cdrw,mp3.

It fulfills all the areas in which i am interested the most ,mp3,multiregion.

Anyone know of any reviews i can read as i have scoured the internet and found nothing.The sony davs500 ( i think it is) has awards yet it has no mp3,not sure about multiregion.
    Personally i prefer the seperates as apose to all in ones so and recommendations would be really appreciated.

Many thanks
    Chip

2. djinn

djinn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am also interested in buying a new AV system. I have a limited budget and would like something that is not so bulky too but also with some quality. I was thinking of the Pioneer 545 DVD player, the VSX-C300 amplifier as it compliments it and Mission FS2AV. I would be grateful for anyone's opinion on such a set up, especially the amplifier as yet to read any reviews on it.

3. digital

digital

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pioneer vsx-c300

I bought one of these 2 weeks ago to go with a dv-444, there's no doubt that for looks, this combo looks the business (in silver). Sadly the amp was just too feeble to drive my celestion speakers to any volume (clipping regularly) but then my lounge is big. If your lounge is small then no probs. Otherwise look elsewhere for more welly. I think it's only 30w DIN output. I swapped it for a pioneer 859rds, much better.There's lots of other amps that give more welly for same price but obviously don't look as good. Bottom line is try before you buy from a local AV shop then order cheaply off internet.:(

4. nickeng

nickeng

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Most amps have phonos at the front now...
    444 has to be made multiregion, it is not to start with

5. nickeng

nickeng

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just finished setting one of these up for a friend, main comments from me are:

Not enought inputs (round the back it has phonos for DVD, TV and Video [in and out]) and phonos on the front

Hard to use controller (too small)

For my friends setup in a small living room it was fine and filled the room with sound. Although comparied to my Pioneer 909 Ex setup, i kept wanting to turn the C300 up a bit..(not fair to compare them really...)

6. amancalledchip

amancalledchip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This will be my first system, so i have nothing to compare it to,however my brother in law has the sony DAVS500 and this is the only system i have heard to date.
    I did not like his all in one at all.
    But i did like the slenderness of the pioneer setup,and the fact that it and the dvd player are less than 135mm in total so will fit in my exsisting unit ( with room to spare)
    Also i can upgrade either the player or the amp later.
    Its not really important to me just would be nice to have somthing better than what i have now.Perhaps live with this system for a while and perhaps upgrade components at a later date if my ears warrant it( although my wife says i am deaf, but thats only when she is talking):D

So, i hope for me as a new comer to this arena,it will do a job i am happy with.
    Once i get it i will post my comments too,but it will only be from a new comers perspective sorry.