1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Views on shanling cd players

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by harv, Oct 27, 2005.

1. harv

harv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hey All :hiya:

Does anyone own one or demo'ed the Shanling CDT-100

I was just interested in peoples experiences with the CDT-100 I know its gorgeous but.... do they need special care because of the valves ? Are there differences between the UK and imports ? As I'm buying 2nd hand are they Reliable ?

cheers in advance :clap:

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Lovely CD players....current ones are very well made(although fit and finish on some of the early ones wasn't as good...not bad,but not as good as now),and the sound is generally as good as anything in each price level they compete in.

As to valves,all of the tubes used are easily replaceable and generally long-lived anyway,so you would have no problems there.

As an example of how good the make is,the CDT-300,is one of the best players I've heard at any price(over £3k in the case of the CDT-300),so as predicted,Chinese Hifi has come a very long way very quickly.

3. harv

harv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks, any idea how I can check if I'm buying an early model or a later one ? Alexs2 do you think it would be a good match with my KAV ?

4. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Model numbers etc I have no idea of,so I can't really help you with that,but I'd expect it to go well with a Krell KAV.