Views on Fujitsu P42VHA30.

U

Uzey

I'm virtually on the verge of ordering my Panny PW6 but have recently been looking at the Fujitsu P42VHA30. It has all the important connections (two components, S-Video, composite, analogue RGB and audio stereo) built in and is around the same price for a 'basic' Panny PW6. They make their own screens and have an excellent reputation (as does Panasonic) with picture quality, contrast, good blacks etc..... I know the VHA20 was very highly regarded!
Has anyone got (or seen) this screen?

The pvha30 has only 1 component, 1 rgb, svideo and composite scart, 1 vga input and analogue sound.

Having had a pvha20, panny 6 series and the pvha30, I would pick the pvha30. It is imho a big step up from the pvha20. I found the pvha30 to look a lot like the panny 6 series but had better shadow detail, colours and was alot sharper. The glass in the pvha30 is the same (it may be even newer and based on 7th series tech) as the 6th series panny so I put the increased picture quality down to the higher quality electronics in the fujitsu. The fujitsu looks a lot more attractive and also comes with a 2 year warranty.
However, the panasonic can be fitted with a dvi board, although it is far from perfectly implemented.

Fujitsu is largely ignored in this country, but on the American AVS forums it is agreed by most that the best ED plasma is the p42 and the best HD plasma is the p50.

Hope this helps.

The scaling seems to be superior on the VHA, and even humble s-video via scart is smooth and very watchable. Progressive scan component is strangely very similar to a PW6 The biggest difference is warranty, you get 2 years with Fujitsu. It's hard to get a good price with them though, there's not much margin in it for dealers, and no grey imports to compete with. Our demo unit is on my stand now, kids are loving it, I don't know how to tell them it's going in a couple of days.

VHA30 is a great screen, and if you like the PW6 style picture you will also like the VHA30.

I looked at both (saw the VHA30 at MAW's house) but didn't particularly like the styling of the 30 as I really wanted a black/grey plasma. I would agree with Timmy that the picture was very good and the electronics are probs better. The main thing for me was the look and price. I couldn't justify the extra £500/£600'ish extra for the VHA30 when I could get the PWD6, input card, wallmount and an IScan Ultra 2nd hand for a total of £2800'ish. Best price on VHA30 was around £3k without and extras.

You wouldn't go wrong with either...

JJ

The higher end model is an alis panel and is a very different screen.

I agree you can't go wrong with either panels.

If you want something black/grey and want to save some money the panny is ideal.

If you want something that looks less comerical and have more money, then the pvha30 is ideal.

Sorry, can't see anything about connections, and if they think there are any more, they are better than me, I can see one from here, and it's got VGA, component and scart, which is rgb, s-video and composite. It's what they have, all of them. There is room for another board, but it's not listed for the VHA.

Sorry......when I said 'ALL' ,I meant the ones I originally stated in my first post. all I am looking for is an RGB SCART and Component connections. The Fujitsu meets those requirements. The Panasonic WILL meet those requirements if I was to spend another 240 - 300 GBP on it.

Right. Portables direct are certainly cheap, I know nothing else about them, about a year ago in another job I had to compete with them, but as installing was involved, it was a no brainer. Iranian customer whinged like hell about our price, but then it's a sport to the arab community, part of the fun of retail therapy!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom