• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Viewing your PC On your LCD: HELP

S

-ScarFace-

When im viewing my laptop view my lcd, the laptop screen is still on n working/showing everything.

Is that normal or does it take away from the pic quality on the LCD TV ?

If it shouldnt be on, how to i turn it off ?

Im just thinking this because HD stuff looks the same pic quality on the laptop screen as it does on the LCD....and the laptop screen isnt HD, so i think im not fully viewing HD on the TV,because of this.

Or....i could be talking utter ******** :D

wellibob

Established Member
Check what graphics yer notebook has, and its quite normal for the laptop to display on both screens, normal twinview or some other ****e like that. If the notebook screen can be turned off, it`ll be in the display options most likely.

J

John Langton

as mentioned right click on the desktop and go to your screen settings. You prob have it set as Clone. You can change it to single on my laptop. Laptop even recognises what plasma I got :)

On my laptop if im in clone the plasma defaults to the laptop resolution so yes I guess it will have some kind of effect

mickrick

Banned
If it's a Toshiba laptop, hold down FN (the grey lettered key between Ctrl and Alt) and press F5. This will show an onscreen display with different output options; laptop monitor, external monitor, laptop screen and external monitor etc. Press F5 to cycle through the different options until you find the one that suits you.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom