Viewing WMP on an LCD TV

Nape Dog

Hi
I recently bought a Samsung LCD. I have attached my laptop to it via what i think is a monitor cable so that i can view everything on the tv. things work fine for general stuff but when i try to watch films or clips through Wndows Media Player, Real Player or one of the DVD players installed (InterVideo and Inter actual) i get everything but the actual film being played. I have tried to attach pictures to illustrate the problem but they haven't worked

Can anyone offer any solution to this?

Many thanks for any help you can give me.:)

Hi
I recently bought a Samsung LCD. I have attached my laptop to it via what i think is a monitor cable so that i can view everything on the tv. things work fine for general stuff but when i try to watch films or clips through Wndows Media Player, Real Player or one of the DVD players installed (InterVideo and Inter actual) i get everything but the actual film being played. I have tried to attach pictures to illustrate the problem but they haven't worked

Can anyone offer any solution to this?

Many thanks for any help you can give me.:)
what os are you running ,if it is vista you will need win dvd 8 :)

Nape Dog

hi orc brute
i have xp home, it is a toshiba satellite laptop about 4 years old. any thoughts??

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
Sometimes the DVD software tries to be too clever and thinks you are trying to use a secondary display. Are you just mirroring what is on the notebook display on the TV? If so, try changing the display properties to extend the desktop into the TV as a second monitor. You might find that you then see the DVD on the TV, and just your desktop on the notebook.

I have a Dell notebook about the same age, and the display drivers would give error messages about 'content protection' sometimes. What model is your notebook? It wouldn't hurt to check if you have the latest display drivers by checking in Windows Update or with the chipset manufacturer.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom