• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Viewing Windows Media Center 7 content on iPad?

alz2605

Prominent Member
Currently using Team Viewer HD as a remote desktop app for my PC but when I enter Media Center all I get is a black screen and my mouse pointer. Can some one explain why? Sometimes though I can see Media Center menu screen. Can some recommend some settings to allow me view Media Center on my iPad or is not possible?

I don't want to watch the content but just be able to navigate through it so I can select what I want to watch back on my TV.

bardel

Prominent Member
Accessing remote desktop on a media centre PC causes the Media Center program to close down, it is not designed to be used on a remote desktop session.

Using remote desktop actually creates a new desktop session (kind of like login in for a second time in a different instance) so even if you could, selecting something to view in this session wouldn't reflect in the "actual" desktop session.

There is a little known trick with remote desktop to allow access to the console session, to do this start remote desktop by entering mstsc /console in the run menu. This will allow you to attach to the console session that is the physical desktop in use on the machine.

The output to the current PC monitor will show that the workstation is in use by another user and I'm unsure if this will allow access to the media centre (I would check for you but the missis is watching something on it!). Worth a try though.

Barry

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom