Viewing Webpage Help

Dazo

Novice Member
Changed over from Be to O2 today and although there should be no change am having trouble viewing many websites. This one still works however many of my favorites and pages like Google sometimes won't load. Is this to do with O2 or coincidence ?

Anyone got any tips ?

Thanks

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Without knowing what trouble you're having viewing them it's going to be difficult for anyone to say.

Did the change over from O2 to Be involve changing any equipment?

Dazo

Novice Member
Without knowing what trouble you're having viewing them it's going to be difficult for anyone to say.

Did the change over from O2 to Be involve changing any equipment?
No change of equipment i use my own netgear router. Should have said the trouble i am having is i get Webpage not found errors.

SeanT

Distinguished Member
More like SNR issue imho. Check your signal to noise ratio on your new connection.

Dazo

Novice Member
More like SNR issue imho. Check your signal to noise ratio on your new connection.

ADSL Link

Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 16419 kbps
Line Attenuation 24.5 db
Noise Margin 7.4 db

Upstream
Connection Speed1300 kbps
Line Attenuation 10.7 db
Noise Margin 6.9 db

It seems my downstream SNR has raised from around 6-6.2 to 7.4 since the change over from Be to O2. Anyone idea why this would happen as i assume the SNR was to do with the line and not the ISP ? :confused:

SeanT

Distinguished Member
Have you tried flashing your netgear router with the latest firmware?

Dazo

Novice Member
Have you tried flashing your netgear router with the latest firmware?
Already on the latest firmware i am beginning to to suspect this may be the problem. Only updated it a few days ago but i don't think the router has been right sense. Changing from Be to O2 should have made no difference other than in name as they are the same provider.

Tonight i have used DMT tool to lower the SNR to 6.2 and that made a difference for a while. Then had a few problems again so i used Opendns servers and so far it seems to have help. Time will tell but i fear the firmware upgrade may disagree with my setup.

SeanT

Distinguished Member
Is it a DG834GT using 1.02.14? Mine was a bit squiffy for a while on this firmware but then seemed to sort itself out. Try 1.02.13 if it carries on (assuming it's a GT)

Dazo

Novice Member
Is it a DG834GT using 1.02.14? Mine was a bit squiffy for a while on this firmware but then seemed to sort itself out. Try 1.02.13 if it carries on (assuming it's a GT)

It is the DG834N mate and so far it seems to have sorted itself out.