1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viewing Upgrade

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by blasthand, May 29, 2004.

1. blasthand

blasthand
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi All,

I'm looking to upgrade my current Sony 41" rear projection to a plasma display. I know people have their own preferences etc, but does anyone have any suggestions as to good displays in & around the £2.5k bracket? I've been considering Panasonic's, but this is based purely on the contrast ratio - is this a rather blinkered approach? What else do I need to be looking for specification-wise?

Will I need to replace my current (and has always been flawlessly good) dvd player (a Sony DVP-S525D) for one with progressive scan? Do all plasma's use progressive scan? Would be very nice to get an understanding of that too! :)

I'm currently using good quality scarts between dvd player and telly - is component going to be better with a plasma? What are the differences between the 2 methods?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks for taking the time to read...although not a newbie to home cinema etc I am new to plama's (as you can tell!). Hopefully I can get some good advice before taking the plunge!

Any donations greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Blast.