1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viewing the video on the AV channel

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jozza, May 18, 2003.

1. jozza

jozza
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive recently purchased a dvd/vcr combo (toshiba SD-22VB)

Ive hooked it up with my tv and sky digbox and have got it working almost right.

THe problem is this-

When i had my old video setup, the viewing channel for the video was AV the same one that is used to watch digital tv. To record off digital, the video had to be set to AV as the other video channels do not work(this was done by the technitian who installed sky).

I cant get the same on my new video. Ive tuned the tereestrial channels into the vidoe i.e 1-5 and 6 being sky. The video channel on the tv insted of being av is 6. The picture quality is some what reduced by this.

Does anyone know how to get the av channel on my tv to be my video channel aswell?

thanx

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Connect the combo unit straigth to the second tv scart. Connect the second scart on the digibox to the combo second scart. When you select the combo to do something the tv should autoswitch to it, and you should be able to record from the sky box on the vcr by selecting one of the auxiliary inputs.

If you have only one scart on the tv you must connect the combo to the skybox input scart, and its output to the tv scart. It should still select the combo unit over the digibox if you send a command to play a tape or dvd. You should also be able to record by selecting another auxiliary input