Viewing Sky HD In Vista Media Center

P

paulmcnally

At the moment I have Sky+ connected to EXT1 on my TV, and my HTPC connected to EXT2 on my TV. I also have an 5.1 amplifier which has an optical input. Currently if I want to watch Sky+ I have to set my TV to EXT1 and manually connect the Sky+ box to my amplifier with an optical audio cable. When I want to use my HTPC I have to switch my TV to EXT2 and manually disconnect the optical audio cable from my Sky+ box and connect it to the optical audio output on my HTPC.... As you can imagine this is a real pain.

I'm considering upgrading to Sky HD. I would like to know if it would be possible to somehow connect the Sky HD box using HDMI to my HTPC and be able to view this as a single TV channel from within Vista media center? I assume that I'd need some type of video capture card with a HDMI input, do these exist?

This would make my life much easier as it would only require a single DVI(HTPC)->HDMI(TV) and OPTICAL(HTPC)->OPTICAL(AMP) setup.

I do realise that I could connect my existing Sky+ into my HTPC using SVideo and StereoLR cables but I'd expect the video quality to be poor and obviously I'd lose 5.1 sound, this would be bad.

Many thanks, Paul

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
We've had threads on this many times before, and Sky HD into Media Center is currently impossible AFAIK.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom