1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viewing Pioneer 434 without a surround sound system

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by pantheon, Nov 13, 2003.

1. pantheon

pantheon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey everyone,

I'd appreciate some advice about setting up a plasma screen without a surround sound system. I'm thinking of buying a pioneer 434 (which would be my first plasma), but having read some other posts to this forum, I have become concerned about the possibilty that lip synch will be a problem.

I neither own nor plan to purchase an av amp or speakers (I have neither the room nor to be honest the desire to fill the limited space available to me with speaker boxes...I prefer to listen to films using a good set of headphones instead). As a result, I will be unable to make use of an amp's audio delay feature.

Am I likely to experience lip synch issues with the 434? Also, can anyone suggest whether the experience of watching the 434 from a maximum distance of eight feet would be spoilt by the appearance of screen structure issues?

Oh, and one other thing...does anyone know when the 434 will be available from John Lewis?

Many thanks.

2. reedp54

reedp54

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have had no problems with lip sync yet, keeping my fingers crossed:). I am using sky via RGB and this is connected to a yamaha DSP-A1 amp via two interconnects.

DVD is via componet / interlaced and no lip sync problems here.

There maybe a lip sync problem using progressive scan but I cannot test this at present.

Hope this helps.