viewing pictures on a tv?

Joe Pineapples

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Although i dont actually own a digital camera at present, i have just bought a new DVD player, which supports jpeg viewing. What i would like to do is download pics off the net (taken with various digital cameras), burn them to DVD or cd, and view them on a tv for comparison. With that in mind, can anyone suggest the best resolution to have an image at for tv viewing (actually a new 32" WS), and what software you would recommend for authoring the pictures, that will sort the pics out to view as a slide-show on the tv afterwards.

cheers

Dean

ulead dvd movie factory will do it although there may be better software solutions available now.
you just select which pictures you want and it converts the pictures automatically. otherwise you need to reduce the size of the picture to 16:9. or you could let the tv do it using the smart size function.

thanks for the info men - i'm just downloading the memoriestv (picturetotv) software now (trial version).

Dean

Hi I'm too looking to create slideshows similar as you, I am downloading memories to tv and see how I go with that, tried nero 6 and kept getting many failures also tried tvcd and that will only record 500 pics to a disc, I want to be able to fill the disc up, hopefully this will....

just to update you I downloaded the trial and bought the package today I like it so much, excellent peice of kit and the different things you can do to the slideshow are amazing, had to keep on random because there were so many good ones!

The image quality possible on a computer monitor is far greater than is possible on a TV. If you are looking to compare images before buying a camera then I would suggest leaving them on your PC and zooming in on the image to make it larger. As for image quality, the higher the resolution the more detail a image can have. You would be best leaving the image at a high res rather than shrinking it.

<edit> OOps, just noticed when this was first posted....

<edit> OOps, just noticed when this was first posted

not at all mate - i've not got round to trying it yet :)

the main reason to look at the pictures on the tv, is really just to see how they look generally - i would of course compare them on the monitor as well, though the tv would be the main 'bore the friends/neighbours' medium;)

Dean

i bought the memoriesontv with mpeg 2 plugin and must admit I'm very impressed with this software, the slideshows look very good, esp in SVCD mode.

I thought the whole point of having a jpeg viewer on your dvd player was so you didn't need any software, you just slap your jpegs onto a cdr.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom