1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

viewing photos via plasma screen

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by kwijibo, Nov 28, 2004.

1. kwijibo

kwijibo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    How do I burn a selection of photos on my pc to a CD/DVD so I can have an old fashioned slide show via the plasma screen with friends in the living room?

2. Geordie Jester

Geordie Jester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    It depends more about your DVD player. My DVD system happily reads JPEG files. Therefore I just need to burn all the images onto a CD (as a "Data CD" in Nero) and I can view them on the plasma.

If you have a DVD burner then Im sure most burning software will allow you to make a DVD slideshow.

Give us a bit more info about what software/hardware you have and we can maybe give some better advice.

3. kwijibo

kwijibo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    thanks. I think you've pointed me in the right direction. My DVD player (Pioneer 757) will not play data discs, but I have looked further into my Nero software and see that I can do a slide show from there. I will give it a go next week and come back here if I have problems. Cheers :thumbsup:

4. minimad

minimad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also have a look at ProShow Gold 2. I've been using it for 18 months, it works a treat with both DVD and CD and my Pioneer 535 reads the discs no problem at all.

There's a free download on their site.

5. BAD Dave

BAD Dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Kwijibo,
    I have a Pioneer 575 and it does play JPG data discs.
    Simply write your jpgs to CD or DVD (I back up my JPG tp CD using Nero) and play them back on the DVD player. You can rotate images and do slideshows. Only problem is that using the graphical user interface makes it prone to hang.
    Give it another try.
    Dave