1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

viewing photos on dvd player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Baggy69, Dec 20, 2003.

1. Baggy69

Baggy69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi all, how do i make it possible to view my digital photos on my dvd player? What im after is some way of copying all my photos onto a dvd disk and then be able to view on the player is this possible and if so what software do i need and how do i do it?

Thanks Ian

2. TopMeTom

TopMeTom
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    Hi after much research all i found was software called photoshow which was easy to use then it makes a vcd to show on dvd player worked great though.

Phil

3. pinatubo

pinatubo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try Proshow Gold from Photodex.
    You can create VCD and SVCD slideshows with sound if required.
    It also allows you to generate .exe files which are able to play on pcs without the need for additional software.
    It also supports burning in non-standard video cd formats such as XVCD and XSVCD - however not all DVD players can play these disk formats.
    www.photodex.com

I don't work foe Photodex.

4. Baggy69

Baggy69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    thanks, will give that a try.

5. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I can recommend a superb bit of software for getting digital pics onto a dvd.

It's called DVD Picture Show 2 - made by Ulead.

It enables you to make slideshows of all your pics and put them on to a VCD, SVCD or DVD

Whilst very easy to use, it still allows plenty of customisation like adding background music to individual albums or menus, choosing length of still images, different transitions between pics, labeling and structuring of menus (including different styles/sizes of font).

One feature that really stands out is the preview facility - After compiling diffent pics with music and stuff, before burning to disc, it gives you a mini tv screen with dvd player controls on it. This allows you to check your efforts work out exactly as you intend before wasting time burning a disc. Very neat!

I'm no expert with things like this and found it a breeze to get to grips with. The software is supplied in two parts: Dvd Picture Show + Photo Explorer. The latter is the basic software where you keep your photo stored and organise them (including some picture editing tweaks).

I downloaded the usable demo of Dvd Picture Show from www.ulead.com and within days went out and bought it. Got it from PC World for £34.99.

Can't beleive just how easy it is to use, whilst looking very proffesional.

Discovered just how much more enjoyable and entertaining it is to see the pics with music/comments/dates on a big screen compared with looking through real photos.

Have been looking forward to getting all my old photos scanned into the PC, so I can do the same with them. I've done about 600 so far - only another 400 to go!

The discs I have created so far have been in the VCD format (using a Cd writer) and have played in my home dvd player with no problems. I am getting a dvd writer for xmas, so will be utilising the higher storages capacity dvd discs have to offer.

6. TopMeTom

TopMeTom
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    DOH!

I meant proshow gold!!

DohDoH!!!

(HIDES IN CORNER):(