1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viewing images on camera/TV

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by valleyboyabroad, Jun 17, 2005.

1. valleyboyabroad

valleyboyabroad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear all,

I'm relatively new to this digital camera lark, but one of the pleasant suprises is the ability to view the images you've shot that day on the TV later that evening.

I've been travelling for quite a while now and when I run out of room on my memory card(s) I simply burn them onto a CD and free up the memory.

Then I had a brilliant idea, why not copy the better images stored on the CD back to the camera and look at them on TV - sort of on the go editing in your hotel room at night. The only problem is that the images that I've copied back to the camera cannot be viewed either on the camera or (therefore) the TV.

Is there some sort of special software I should be using?

When I look at the memory card via USB on a PC, I can see both the copied images and the 'new' images (ones that haven't been burned yet) without any problem, and explorer states they are all jpegs.

Why can't I see copied images on the camera? Am I doing something daft or is my brilliant idea just impossible?

Camera is Sony DSC-P100.

Any help appreciated!

yechydda,

2. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    Are you copying them back into the DCIM folder?