Viewing humax freeview recordings via technomate twin oe

RobTi

Hi I would like to transfer my recordings from my humax freeview box with custom firmware (so hd encription removed) to my satellite box so I can remove the freeview box, is this possible?
Thanks

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Possible but they probably will not play due to the audio codec used on Freeview HD and embedded in the transport stream (TS) files.

My Foxsat-HDR can't play the HDR-Fox-T2 HD files but the other way round works fine (DSat on the -T2).

Copy one programme to a USB stick and try it?

I know it's possible to transcode the audio to DD from HE-AAC on a computer with the right software, but I've not bothered to go that route.

RobTi

Thanks during 5he night I copied all the TVs files from the humax to the pc will try to ftp them into the technomate when I have a minute to try one file

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Thanks during 5he night I copied all the TVs files from the humax to the pc will try to ftp them into the technomate when I have a minute to try one file

If they were HD recordings they will have either AAC 2.0 (stereo) audio or 5.1 AAC audio.

You will be very lucky if the technomate can decode AAC audio.

There is software available that can batch convert the audio to ac3 (aka Dolby Digital)

Download the Free Mediainfo . It will tell you what is in the .ts container.

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Which is ???
As the OP may want to go that route.

There are several paid for options. Audacity is free though more complex to use

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom