Viewing Hd Images

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by finn1581, Oct 13, 2005.

1. finn1581

finn1581

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I have just got myself a Samsung HD TV which I would like to view some HD Images on.

I noticed that all the Currys and Dixons shops are running HD demos. How do they achieve this as I know HD players aren't out yet. Can I use my IBM think Pad T41 to play/down load movie samples and connect it to my LCD. The IBM has 254 MB system memory and 33 MB video memory. Low spec I know but it's belongs to my company else I would upgrade.

Help appreciated

Thanks

2. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,046
    most of them use PCs with HDMI/DVI output. Comet then use a HDMI distribution amp to get the signal to up to 6 TVs. My local comet has two of these, running 12 TVs with HD loops in total.

Other stores have different things - TV manufacturers often supply HD demo boxes. My local powerhouse has a Japanese player from Panasonic (has a HiVision lable on it). This is dedicated to showing off the panasonic plasma its attached to, but they switched cables to show me HD on the next door JVC :)