viewing freeview through dvd recorder, HELP! NEWBEE

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by shezz06, Aug 5, 2006.

1. shezz06

shezz06

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all this is my first post and am abit new to all this.
    Right here goes, ive got a samsung 32" lcd tv with freeview built in (LE32R51BD) and have just bought a a new dvd recorder (Thompson DTH8550E).
    i have connected the arieal lead into the dvd recorder then a fly lead from the recorder to the tv aerial input.
    Ive also put the scart from the dvd recorder into the tv scart. So when i go to install it picks up all the normal channels ie 1,2,3 etc but wont pick up the freeview channels? ive been told to go into the dvd recorder and set it up from analogue to digital so it picks up digital channels but this option is not there. Ive also tried putting another scart from the 2nd scart output in the tv to the sat,cable scart in the dvd recorder and still no joy.

Basically what i want to know is there away around this, ie does the samsung tv output its freeview channels or just the analogue ones, as i want it to loop ie output freeview channels into dvd recorder the input them back into the tv.

or does it look like i have to buy another freeview box? if so bugger ive just sold mine as my tv has a built in one and thought the tv should output these.

Thanks

2. risingsouth

risingsouth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    hi,also have the latest samsung(plasma)connected same as you when recording freeview i select av1 on recorder,when recording sky av2,when recording analogue,1-5 on recorder.panasonic dmr eh50 recorder:lesson:

3. talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Make sure you have the dvd rec connected to av2 on the samsung tv and that av2 out = dvb

E

4. shezz06

shezz06

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i cant seem to find a setting anywhere in the menus about setting the output on the tv to dvb or digital.

When i switch the dvd recorder to av i can now view freeview but as soon as i try to change channel it all freezes and the screen rolls. im baffed:confused:

5. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    It should tell you in the TV manual which socket outputs the freeview channel on the TV.

However routeing this to the DVD recorder to record means that your TV will have to stay on and you will not be able to watch any other freeview channel apart from the one you are recording.

The easiest way to record one freeview channel on the dvd recorder whilst watching another on the TV is to connect up a separate STB to the dvd recorder. Pity you sold yours as you now need this box.