• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

viewing docs on dlna tv

blobq

Established Member
Hello

can someone tell me if this is possible, if so how.

I have LG 47" LED tv with DNLA in an office, i want to be able to view documents i.e word, architect & building drawings on this screen. (just so they are bigger to view) The docs will be stored on a netgear ready nas duo v2.

The screen is cat 5 wired to a netgear switch along with my laptop (win 7) & adsl router. The netgear ready nas duo connected to the router.

The netgear nas box folders are viewable from my network on the laptop but i cannot open the front view web page to this, (https://192.168.0.2/admin)
its pingable, ive cleared the ssl state but no luck.

someone suggested a OS reset, ive tried this but the LED's dont flash & the system does not turn :lease:off. Should i take this back & get a different type?

So basically i was hoping to be able to view the nas box from the TV & open up these docs as well as from the laptop.

please help.

next010

Distinguished Member
Docs/PDF's are not viewable through DLNA it is for jpg/png style pictures and music/video file types.

What you can do is capture the desktop of the PC as a live video stream then make that available through DLNA server running on the PC, there is some lag but for text files that should not be a problem.

Wild Media Server is one of the DLNA servers that does it, it can also be done with Serviio and lot of work.

Other options, get wifi HDMI dongle which does the above without the need for DLNA, check laptop to see if it is Intel WiDi compatible and get WiDi box like Netgear Push2TV and you get the same thing as Apple display mirroring.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom