Viewing distance

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Whisper, Sep 20, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Whisper

Whisper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I was all set to upgrade from a 32" TV to a 40" one until I read the November issue of 'What Hi-Fi' where they just happened to be doing a supertest on 40" screens. They recommend a viewing distance of 3m for a TV this size and my room is barely 3m and at the moment I sit 1.5m from my current TV :eek:.

What do people think, will this TV be too big and should I stick with a 32" or is it 'the bigger the better' ?

The Pioneer PDP-428XD won in case you're interested !

2. honkydonky

honkydonky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    32" is plenty for that distance, you could go bigger but non HD would like horrible that close, depends what TV you want and what you are going to watch on it.Its easy to want the biggest screen you can get I was in your position and so glad I stuck to a 32" and I watch from further away than you:)

3. Ross-P

Ross-P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I've got a 40" LCD and I sit about 3m away from it, this is ideal. For your distance I would stick with a 32".

4. Whisper

Whisper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies, I think 32" is plenty big enough. I'm probably going for the Panasonic 32LXD700......but you know what a a pain it is choosing :suicide:.