1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viewing distance

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by SimonHod, Nov 10, 2004.

1. SimonHod

SimonHod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking of purchasing a Themescene RD65 but am a little concerned with viewing distance. What are peoples opinions on the ideal distance to be sat from a screen of this size?

I'd also be interested to know how Sky pictures would look with this RPTV and whether an iScan HD would be considered an essential purchase?

Cheers

Simon

2. MikeK

MikeK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +316
    IMO, probably between 8'-12' away.

Sky....hmmmm, well it depends on your expectations really - DVD quality it isn't, but it should still be watchable at that size (use RGB though - but I'm sure you know that already). As for an iScan HD being essential (and this is opinion - I haven't compared them), I'd say far from being essential, you may well find it unnecessary, unless the scaler in the TV is a real dog, but only a head to head demo would tell you that for sure!

3. SimonHod

SimonHod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Mike. Thanks for that. 8-12' - Looks like my decision is made! As for the scaler, I guess I should expect a pretty decent improvement for £900! I'll see about getting it demo'd if I can.....