• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

viewing distance , resolutions and HD question

techmob

I am about to buy my first HD tv, currently have a 32" CRT

my viewing distances are between 8-10 feet and i was thinking of a 42" tv (budget £1000 - but that is not important right now, as i need to know the facts)

i will have a xbox 360 Elite , sky HD , Wii and a dreambox connected to it (probably hd box etc at some point)

i was thinking about getting a 1080p with native 1080 resolution because the xbox 360 elite has a hdmi connection and i would like to get the best out of that, but after some reading and talking to people, they are telling me i would not notice a difference between 1080 native and 720 because of the distance i am away from the tv and the size of the tv (something like that anyway, i might of confused myself)

can anyone please explain in laymen terms if i would notice a difference with 1080 or certain resolutions

viewing distance 8-10ft
tv size - 42"

thanks

thfccambs

Banned
Whats your budget?(edited now cheers):)

Personally i can't tell diffrence between 720 and 1080 panels from that short a distance.
Panasonic PX70 seems excellent value for around £800 del with all the connections you could want.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom