Viewing distance either G1 55" or C1 65"

GTeng

I purchased the LG C1 65" from the recent Richer Sounds deal at £1350, and asked them to delay the delivery until I was in my new house which they very kindly agreed to do. Now I am in the new house and the living room is smaller than I remembered when viewing haha, I have to put the tv on the chimney breast (it’s been filled in so can mount at a nice height) but the sofa will be off centre to the tv. Crucially, I also only have around 7ft for viewing distance, so would the 65 be too big for that gap? I can probably swap my order to the 55 G1 which would look better on the wall but not sure I can drop the inches after having a 65 previously. I sold this before the house move as it was curved and wouldn’t work in this setup.
Any help appreciated 🙈

pastrybloke19

I purchased the LG C1 65" from the recent Richer Sounds deal at £1350, and asked them to delay the delivery until I was in my new house which they very kindly agreed to do. Now I am in the new house and the living room is smaller than I remembered when viewing haha, I have to put the tv on the chimney breast (it’s been filled in so can mount at a nice height) but the sofa will be off centre to the tv. Crucially, I also only have around 7ft for viewing distance, so would the 65 be too big for that gap? I can probably swap my order to the 55 G1 which would look better on the wall but not sure I can drop the inches after having a 65 previously. I sold this before the house move as it was curved and wouldn’t work in this setup.
Any help appreciated 🙈
As long as you can feed it good quality content (4k UHD ideally, but even HD), then I think you will be fine. If you are really concerned, go look at a 65” in the shops and measure the distance.

John

I give it 7 days after you get it before you start saying 'hmm, maybe I should have gone for a 77"
I regret not stretching to a 65, and every now and again I measure for a 77, even though I know it won't fit.
Maybe

GTeng

Depends what you plan on watching. 65" is too small for UHD, but you may like a 55" better if you're going to use a lot of poorer quality material like broadcast TV.
65 too small? Think I’d have a divorce on the cards if I went larger haha! Will be 4k streams and 4k discs with a little bit of broadcast tv.

As long as you can feed it good quality content (4k UHD ideally, but even HD), then I think you will be fine. If you are really concerned, go look at a 65” in the shops and measure the distance.
As above will be 4k streams/discs mainly and gaming.
I give it 7 days after you get it before you start saying 'hmm, maybe I should have gone for a 77"
I regret not stretching to a 65, and every now and again I measure for a 77, even though I know it won't fit.
Maybe
Haha I could get a 77 in that space but would be overkill…maybe.

JohnMok

Novice Member
Any help appreciated 🙈
curious to know how to get c1 @1350

GTeng

curious to know how to get c1 @1350
Was a recent deal where Richer Sounds price matched Costco, there was money off then a separate 10% off LG code too but it’s finished now.

JustTheFacts

Was a recent deal where Richer Sounds price matched Costco, there was money off then a separate 10% off LG code too but it’s finished now.
Last week COSTCO had 65' C9's on sale in the USA for $999.97, but that deal is gone now also. Some really good deals out this time of year.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom