Viewing Cards

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by windfall, Dec 9, 2003.

1. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Hello
    Just been on Ebay and there are rather a lot of viewing cards for sale, the V2 ones with the yellow house.

I was wondering, I have cancelled my Sky subs, will my existing viewing card give me the free to air channels? I was thinking of using my old digibox in bedroom with it..is this viable?

thanks in advance

Tone

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    After a SKY subscription is cancelled the smartcard will continue to allow viewing of the FTV channels on SKY digital, this allows the ex-customer to re-subscribe easily and obviously benefits SKY who then don't have to issue a new card.
    If you do want a new FTV card then they are still on sale from official sources for £23.50 and have a minimum two year lifetime.
    FTA channels do not require any smartcard.

3. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Thanks for the info mate.

Fortunately I have one which I will use. I have to book a new install with sky now and will e asking for sky+ and another digibox so that I can use the old card for this reason. I just need to ensure I get the quad LNB installed rather than a double!

Cheers

Tone