Viewing card number top right during footy???

waveydavey13

I always thought the number sometimes shown top right during live footy was the viewing card number of that particular box etc....

Got it showing currently on the footy and don't know what made me check but I went into my settings screen and my viewing card number is totally different..... I mean not one of the three sets of three numbers match.

Should it be the viewing card number or is it just an identifier used by sky?

Cheers

Dave.

I always thought it was the number to ring to vote for player of the match!

How daft can you get? It's obviously to allow sky to see which cards are being used by pubs who don't want to pay the going rate for footy

dwhite

Distinguished Member

How daft can you get? It's obviously to allow sky to see which cards are being used by pubs who don't want to pay the going rate for footy

They have a Pint icon for that. The number is to identify whose doing dodgy internet streaming.

waveydavey13

I already knew it was for anti piracy but my point was that i thought it was the viewing card number of the box being viewed.

Having done a google search afterwards i've found out exactly what it is and how to get rid of it off your screen too. ;)

Cheers

Dave.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom