Viewing Angles for LED TV's - Which Bracket!?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by robhodgson, Nov 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. robhodgson

robhodgson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello! Hope someone can help as i've had conflicting advice in TV shops!

We are wall mounting a Samsung LED TV in the bedroom. Its the Samsung UE32C4000. We dont have much space between the bottom of the bed and the wall so want a TV bracket that is as slim/ low profile as possible. I have seen a number which would be ideal but they are all flat against the wall with no tilt. The problem is we have a very low bed so would be viewing it at about a 30 degree angle.

So..... the question is, can an LED TV (flat mounted to the wall) be viewed at an angle when the eye line would naturally sit abfrom about 10 inches lower . The TV will be about 2.2m away from us and about and as mentioned, probably viewing it at a 30 degree angle (ish).

Thanks!

2. BogdanH

BogdanH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,
    "Regular" panels have quite narrow view of angle -if you're sensible, then at about 20 degree, you'll notice colors will become washed out with contrast drop.
    Only panels made in IPS technology provide much wider viewing angle (without noticeable loss in picture quality).
    I don't know what kind of panel Samsung uses in C4000 (TV's using IPS panels are quite expensive).

I hope this helps.