Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Viewing angle - under 18 inch LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by phancey, Aug 23, 2005.

Tags:
  1. phancey

phancey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought a Philips 15PF7846 from Richer Sounds for £250 - I know this model has been superceded but it seemed like a reasonable deal.

Having said that, I'm wondering whether I could have done better for the money - what do you think?

Specifically I am using it in the bedroom, viewing from about 8ft away and about 2 or 3 feet below the TV level. Consequently it seems quite dark (kneeling on the bed shows that the picture is considerably brighter when viewed on the level). I can't angle the screen down. Would there be a better set (I still have 10 days approval period)?

thanks
    Phil

2. b1g1an

b1g1an

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Take it off the stand and use a bracket then you can angle it as much as you like !

3. phancey

phancey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    could do though it means further expense and my bedroom isn't ideally set up for wall mounting.

Any other ideas?