1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viewing a CRT (newbie alert)

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by simonfinch, Oct 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simonfinch

simonfinch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is probably a bit cheeky but if anyone is willing to demo me Barco 800 series CRT in the north west of the uk i would be most grateful.

Having just submitted pland to the local council, i am going to start building my home theatre in the very near future.

I am proposing to convert my garage into a HC room, to meet with someone who has gone through the process of the installation and general pains of setting up a crt would be great

Having done a bit of research i think a second hand CRT is the way to go, driven by a HTPC.

Once i have saved up 3.5k i should be able to get a good used crt. having never seen a "properly set up" crt would convince me rather than LCD or DLP.

Thanks, Simon Finch, location St. Helens (in between liverpool and manchester)

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,781
    I'm 30 miles south of Glasgow on M74. About 45 minutes from Gretna. If no one else offers I can show you HTPC with Sony 1292 s/h 9" crt

Gordon

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I would send either
    Tryingtimes, Fulabeer or Nickbull a Private message and see if they would let you over to have a look.
    They all run Barco 808 series projectors with HTPC's.

Or if you can hold off for a few weeks we should have the dates for the CRT school in place.

4. simonfinch

simonfinch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks guys,
    Roland i spoke to you on the telephone about 3 weeks ago, it was about 5pm and you took some time to explain things.

When i've got enough cash saved up i'll buy one of your 808's !! and you can come and set it up, eat pizza and drink some beer !.

regards, Simon
    :D

5. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    1 resident video tweeker coming up.

This job just gets better and better

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.