Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

viewfinder resolution is poor... is this usual?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by inquisitive, Jun 4, 2005.

1. inquisitive

inquisitive
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello
    I have a lowcost JVC DV700 1chipcam. the end pics are ok for the work it does... but i have a real prob:

when looking through viewfinder or even the lcd, i can see the pixel dots and find it hard to know when the subject is in precise focus (critical on low DoF stuff).

I thought it was because 'lowcost' therefore low PPI .........BUT

used a couple of sony P100 and P10 and they were the same bad res...... Have always used through TTL still cams and the eyeview is crystal clear world. Also used our school Panasonic VHS video cam 10ish years ago and seem to remember it was crystal clear through the viewfinder.

Do more expensive DV cams GIVE the brilliant clarity in viewfinder... such as the new sonyHDFX1 or would I have to go more expensive?

Anyone else found this?.... ressolved this?.... I know about resolution working for LCDs, but love entering the camera lens 'World' through the viewfinder.

thanks for any thoughts on this one.

2. vegbike

vegbike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought a Cannon MV25i mini dv video camcorder and have a similar problem - the pictures are really good quality but the image in the view finder is poor and the flip out LCD is completly useless outdoors when there's a bit of bright light arround .... I was thinking of buying one one of those portable DV players with a seven inch screen and plugging me camera into that when working outside as a kind of portable monitor but it seems a bit cumbersom any one got any ideas cuz its a pain.... cheers