1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viera wo oh oh, Viera...

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Cover'd, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Cover'd

Cover'd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, not an Arsenal fan with nowhere better to post, but just a straight forward, lay-man's first hand experience of the 37" Viera Panny

Firstly, I am a professional in the Entertainment Industry - I know great sound & lighting when I hear & see it - this basic premise exists when looking at a telly. Ok, I'm not as technically advanced as some here when it comes to what makes a picture perfect (or not!), but by that same token, I'm not going to be getting hooked up on why something can't or shouldn't look good because of it's facts and figures

I think I can safely say that most people looking to get into the Plasma thing are doing so because it looks cool, and therefore they will feel cool. Whether this is indeed a right or wrong basis for making a purchase remains a hot topic with techno-bods, but it is still pretty much a basic fact

There may be screens which produce this or that fine detail better than a Viera, there maybe units which are cheaper yet comparable, but for out and out looks - for me, nothing comes close

I've had mine for nearly three weeks now, and despite a big delivery let-down from Comet, I can't overstate how delighted I am with it. Every time I enter the room, I smile. Each time I turn it on, I watch - not analyse, just watch. I have the integrated cabinet stand (you gotta put your boxes somewhere!) and again in that complete form, there's nothing on the market that touches it. It's a truly stylish piece of work. It looks gorgeous - and that is what most buyers want from their expensive telly, and that is why they are so popular!

If you are pondering between this and that, then stop now! Get it on! The quality is great - yes, possibly beatable, but great all the same. Arguments against, although probably technically well founded, will be based on people scrutinising televisions, not actually watching them as most people would be

My connections are simple - Scart & Component. I have Sky+, Panny E85 HDD/DVD Recorder & Sony DVD Home Cinema (all sound through here)... No extra gadgets - just straight from box to box or box to screen via quality cables with all input / output options properly set up - it ain't rocket surgery!

Comet made a huge mess of the first delivery attempt (I did post the ins & outs of that story here in Mid-Jan), but they got there in the end, and I recieved a £50 good-will gesture

So there it is, another happy Panny Viera owner. If you're on the edge, just fall in baby - you'll love it! :thumbsup:

2. Paulo88

Paulo88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup: I'll second that one !! :smashin:

3. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Hehehe :)

Good to hear you are happy :thumbsup: I've had mine since July last year and that smile you speak of hasn't worn off my face yet :D :smashin: I opted for the pedestal stand and separate table though as I have a number of boxes.

S.

4. curleous

curleous
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to hear as after months of being unsure i finally orderd my 42 viera today and will get it Tuesday...cant wait

cheers

Curleous

5. carlton

carlton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Roll on april for the new vierra :thumbsup:

6. lawrenso

lawrenso
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Carlton,

do you know of any links to the upcoming vierra?

Cheers
    Lawrenso

7. The Gooner

The Gooner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I will second that and I am an Arsenal SUpporter

8. sonic99

sonic99
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Got the 42" version and am VERY happy.
    Had it on a pedestal at first, but now it's hanging on the wall it's 10 times better.

9. Jazz Monkey Jr

Jazz Monkey Jr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,597
  10. lazzer

lazzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Know the feeling mate! Had my 42" for 6 months and still loving it :thumbsup:

11. DAS

DAS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As a prospective Viera owner, your delight has gladdened my heart!