1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viera wall mount from AV sales.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Starky, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Starky

Starky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was looking at this and it seems pretty good, has any Viera owner got this and are they quite easy to fit?, cheers in advance for any help.

2. Si133

Si133

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Starky,

I can't speak for that particular bracket (I bought a viera bracket on ebay) but they are all fairly similar in the style in which you put them up.

I was scared of getting it wrong, but it really was easy. I was putting it up on a breeze block wall, with 4 heavy duty screws and it took half an hour. The key is a good drill bit.

3. Starky

Starky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Si, was yours the 37 or 42 inch model, I believe the 42 inch weighs in at 41kg, which is a helluva load. I don't get it till next friday but I've bolted some wood panels onto breeze blocks using rawl bolts and run some cables in then replaced the plaster board, like yourself I'll probably use some heavy duty screws to fit the bracket (maybe use more than four though :p , lol)
    Regards.

4. Si133

Si133

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine is the 42. I used the heavy duty Focus screws that utilise a metal push out raw plug (they came in one pack). They go 11cms into the breeze block. tighten with a ratchet, not a spanner. I can hang on my bracket and it won't budget an micrometre.

5. Starky

Starky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Si, sounds like a good solid mount.

6. Starky

Starky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just ordered one anyway, surely somebody must have one of these, come on peeps.

7. Punjabmax

Punjabmax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got my plasma screen last weekend, is a faantastic screen but the universal wall mount i got was a bit tricky to fit on, as for some reason it didnt avoid the bottom panel that comes in. However i solved this by using it a different way than shown in instructions. Its now been on the wall for 2 days and 3 hours.. :confused:

8. Starky

Starky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Punjabmax, is yours the tilting bracket from AV sales?, I got mine in this morning, jeez....it's heavy duty quality :) , I'm a little worried about the fixings, still i've all weekend to hook it up, Viera comes friday :clap:

9. Starky

Starky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got it all hooked up now, superb, was a little disappointed at how far out from the wall it sits (almost 7'') however I can live with that.