1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viera v PW6

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by glenine, Jul 11, 2004.

1. glenine

glenine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could I have a little help from the experts please.
    I know that the main difference between the Viera and the PW6 is the inclusion of speakers and digital tuner in the former, whereas the latter is just a display panel, but I note that the Viera has Mpeg noise reduction and 3D comb filter, which I assume aids sky viewing. Does the PW6 have these features as I thought they were technically the same product. If not then I assume the Viera is much better at off-air viewing. Is this right or not? Sorry to be a pain.

2. Lizzard

Lizzard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought the Viera is producing less visible screendoor effect, on the PW6 the screendoor effect was very visible, but not on the Viera.

Are they really using the same panel?

3. Orlando

Orlando

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Sorry for my ignorance, but what is screen door effect?

4. Lizzard

Lizzard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where you can see the pixels on the panel clearly, like chicken wire, you see all small spots in a pattern, you can also see that clearly on LCD projectors.

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    The panel is exactly the same in both. There is no reason to notice it on one but not the other. Most people only notice it at less than about 8ft anyway. If it's a problem to you, Panasonic make a hi res panel, with smaller pixels.