1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viera turns off with Wall Mount

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by gpoore, Jul 26, 2004.

1. gpoore

gpoore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just brought the 37 inch Panasonic Viera and am trying to mount it on the wall. However, when I screw the bolt on the bottom right (looking from behind) in the whole unit switches off. Take the bolt out and it comes back on fine. Anybody seen this before and more importantly how do I get round this?

Regards
    Geoff

2. AngryofMayfair

AngryofMayfair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It sounds like you need a shorter bolt!
    Seriously - don't screw bolts in the back of the set until the set cuts out - that could permanently damage your set and it probably wont be covered under warranty...

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,470
    Geoff

01. Stop screwing the bolt in/out!

02. Is this a manufacturer supplied wall mount or an after market wall mount; and who supplied the bolts?

03. Contact your TV and or Bracket vendor.

Best regards

Joe

4. gpoore

gpoore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This wall mount is supplied by Vogel with bolts included. The cut out occurs with about one revolution of the bolt in the thread so the length of the bolt is not the issue. The bolts fit the thread in the back of the television perfectly with 3 identical bolts going in the other 3 holes fine

5. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,470
    gpoore

Is the bracket supplied specifically for the model you have or simply a 'generic' mount - which I'm pretty sure looking at my Vogel's catalogues it will be.

If yes send it back and order the OEM mount from Panasonic - if you still have a problem with the OEM mount then its time to ask your Plasma supplier to sort out a new TV.

Best regards

Joe