1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viera tuner question

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Zooty, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Zooty

Zooty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear all,

I've been reading the "Help a beginner" thread with great interest as I'm also considering a plasma. I do like Panasonic kit, so am looking at either a PW7 or Viera (37" or 42" will be a decision for SWMBO :rolleyes: )

I understand that I can record from the Viera tuner to my DMR-HS2 recorder, but what I want to know is can I watch something other than the tuner output while recording? I hardly ever watch "live" TV since getting the HS2, so I'd like to be able to time-shift the digital channels without resorting to an external digibox.

Any compelling reason for one or the other? I think the wife will prefer the all-in-one Viera solution, though I prefer the good looks and the price of the the PW7 with something like Hornydragon's recommendation, although I'm still not convinced I want more than two speakers :)

Thanks for any input. I'd forgotten what a great site this is - was most helpful when I got the HS2 last year. Now it's time for the telly!