Viera Th-42pe50 Pq

zest

Standard Member
Reaction score
Selfridges have the Panasonic VIERA TH-42PE50B on display with the pw7 next to it, and what can i say the pw7 seems to win hands down :eek: . The G8 panel is very bright and lively, but the amount of noise and fuzziness seems very worrying. I initally put this down to the poor siganl but even DVD(bose :rolleyes: ) was disapointing, with panning shots displaying judder and noise . I spoke to the sales guy, who to be honest was very clued up, and a member on these forums, he said they were very disapionted with the new panny and seems to think the pv500 will be even worse with SD material. His advice was get a pw7 wait for 3 years then get a decent HD display, which to be honest seems a bloody good idea. :thumbsup:

If it was bad on dvd then there is something probably very wrong as the pe50
i saw running dvd looked very nice indeed.I currently have a pw7 and i thought the vierra looked the better of the two.

Ive got the TH37PE50 and the dvd quality is amazing. I hardly have any noise or fuzz???? Ive seen the PW7 and to be honest I thought it was about the same but not really any better? Maybe they were using average quality leads???? Or, the markup is higher on the PW7 and so they will want to sell more of these ;-)

Seriously, dont agree with you on that. The new PE50 range is awsome!

After they've sold the last PW7 from stock they will set the PE50 properly up. :rotfl: ;)

waah!! Just ordered the 42pe50 (42pa50), and i hope the pq is excellent?.. :)
Can't wait to get it..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom