1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viera substitute?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by offdigital, Nov 20, 2004.

1. offdigital

offdigital
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to buy a plasma with the next month or so and have been lurking for a bit in the forums. Panasonic seems to be a pretty good choice of manufacturer and AV Sales seem to be highly rated as a supplier.

I really like the look of the Viera, especially the stand. But I really need a DVI-D interface, or at least a rear VGA port. Is there a way to get the Viera working with a PC output or does someone make a stand, similar to the Viera's, on to which I could mount a normal Panasonic? For some reason I feel like insisting the plasma should be mounted straight on to the stand, rather than sitting on a shelf.

And which Panasonic is best? Is the PWD7s definitely better than the 6s or is it more complicated than that?

With regard to price, coming in at under £2k would be a definite bonus. The Viera was going to cost a little more, but then it's so stylish it's probably worth it. If only they had put a DVI port on the thing...

Thanks in advance for any help,

offdigital

2. MuffKing

MuffKing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How about you fit a TV out card in your PC with Component output which can connect to the rear of the VIERA.

3. The Wife

The Wife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0