1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viera Service Menu Access?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Sofa-loafer, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Sofa-loafer

Sofa-loafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    I need to reduce the red level on my screen whilst my PC is connected. Ive tried every standard picture tweak on the main menu but no luck. Does anyone know the system to access the Viera Service Menu.

Ive read on American and Australian sites you can change these using the bass and treble settings on the sound menu? Anyone tried this? Im working away at the mo so cant get to my screen... :smoke: :beer: :zonked:

http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/brandspecific/panasonic/panasonic_plasma_servicemenu.html
    http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=12032
    http://www.guidetohometheater.com/directviewandptvtelevisions/1104panasonic/index3.html

Anyone dare to try?

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
  3. Biggles

Biggles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If the advice above doesn't work you could try ajusting the colours from with windows. Most Graphics cards will let you do this.

4. Sofa-loafer

Sofa-loafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    thanks david & Biggles... Which variation did you try david? for my future reference?

5. Sofa-loafer

Sofa-loafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    :thumbsup: Checked link David.. will try when I'm home...... big thanks!

6. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199

No problem. Be carefull though, you can do some serious damge if you are not carefull.

7. Sofa-loafer

Sofa-loafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Used the System to open Service menu on my viera, it worked a treat. However, please can anyone tell me how to reduce the red level on my AV3 connection to PC. Everything connects up OK, I'm happy with the clarity and can live with the small amount of green dots.

If I were to change the R Drive/ R Cutoff settings, would this achieve the results I'm lookin for??????????

My TV colour settings are good (Analogue & Digital), DVD colour is good, but PC through AV3 via VGA cable is just too red. I'm sure it's simple, I'm just unsure as to how changing the R Drive/ R Cutoff settings will affect the rest of my system? Ive found a page that has settings for factory defaults, taken from link above - copied below.

MID
    R Drive - FC FC
    G Drive - FA FA
    B Drive - F4 F4
    R Cutoff - 7F 7F
    G Cutoff - 7C 7C
    B Cutoff - 86 86
    All Cutoff - 86 86
    All Drive - FC FC

HI
    R Drive - F3 F3
    G Drive - ED ED
    B Drive - FC FC
    R Cutoff - 7F 7F
    G Cutoff - 81 81
    B Cutoff - 86 86
    All Cutoff - 86 86
    All Drive - FC FC

LOW
    R Drive - FC FC
    G Drive - F9 F9
    B Drive - D9 D9
    R Cutoff - 86 86
    G Cutoff - 82 82
    B Cutoff - 86 86
    All Cutoff - 86 86
    All Drive - FC FC

Has anyone tried or heard of this being changed? if so can you give me some pointers. Just a few tweaks and I'll have a great system to suit my needs. Getting frustrated... grrrrr :rolleyes: :mad:

8. Steffche

Steffche

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Those values were obtained from an Australian model Viera and in particular for an input resolution of 625p (PAL DVD). These values would be diffrent for all different models and input resolutions. My Viera which is exactly the same model as the one from which these values came from, and the factory values were vastly different from one another......so this just goes to show that no two panels are alike. A third Viera that was looked at here in Australia had different values again.

This surprised me as I seriously doubt that in the Panasonic manufacturing process they calibrate each panel individually...and if so why do they do such a crap job?

You probably shouldn't play around with the White/balance settings in the service menu as it is very hard to get an accurate setting without the measuring equipment that ISF calibrators use.

9. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    I think they probably do some sort of crude auto calibration on the production line, I saw last week's gadget show and they had a piece on Bang&Olufsen and showed part of the factory. The part of the production facility shown (albeit as a brief glimpse)was the section that had raw flat panels, to me it looked like the screens were being pluged into some sort of diagnostic kit and an analyser mounted on the front of the glass, the display then ran through some test screens whilst settings were burnt into firmware. No human intervention from what I saw. I can only assume that other OEMs, Panny included, use similar methods.

S.

10. Sofa-loafer

Sofa-loafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    I guess both of you guys have Viera's. Have you plugged your PC into the VGA port? If so, what were your results? I've still got the RED hue problem...

11. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Yes, I've plugged a Sony VAIO VGN-A217M laptop into my Viera via the front mounted VGA port. No red hue issues at all for me. Results were pretty good, much as I expected from an SD panel and a zillion times better than using the dreaded S-video route.

A few ideas spring to mind... have you tried:

a.) Using a different VGA cable to see if that is the culprit?
    b.) Using a different PC to plug into the Viera to see if the PC has issues.
    c.) Is your PC a laptop? If so try going to a demo friendly shop and ask if they will allow you to plug your PC into their same display model Viera. If you still get red then that's definitely a PC issue, if the hue is normal then it points to the Viera having a problem.

S.

12. Steffche

Steffche

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have noticed that using the VGA port on the front tends to lack in blue as far as greyscale goes. This can be corrected by going to the advacned options and increasing blue cut and drive. BUT BEWARE that this will affect ALL OTHER inputs as well. You're best option is to make the adjustments via your PC and keep all the advanced settings at default....unless ofcourse you have you display calibrated for all inputs including PC!