1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viera Questions

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by aldo, Jan 20, 2005.

1. aldo

aldo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi New To This .i Have A 42 Viera And Like My Picture Bright. So I Have Set This To Dynamic Mode Will This Do Any Longterm Damage To My Telly. Iv Got A 3 Year Warranty And If I Get 3 Years Out Of It I Will Be Happy As By That Time 50inchers Will Be Cheap As Chips And I Will Get One Of Them.also Iv Got A Sony Sc5 5.1 Thing Connected By A £45 Monster Scart Im Very Happy With My Picture But Reading Theas Forums Tells Me Something Called Component Is Best. Would I Really Notice An Improvement

2. albertz

albertz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    hello aldo,

sorry, cant help you there, but i wanted to find out what you thought of your viera?

i am looking to upgrade to plasma, and the panny gets a decent write up, how do you find the picture? any problems?

where did you source it and for how much ( if you dont mind )

3. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Dynamic picture mode has a high gamma setting, this in turn works the phosphors of the screen very hard therefore reducing overall lifespan of the set. Remember the film Blade Runner??

Think of Dynamic mode as being like Roy ;) :devil:

If you do a search on the word dynamic in this section of the forum you will find plenty of posts on the subject.

With regard cables, depending on your hardware that feeds your Viera, you will see a marginal to signifcant improvement if you swap from RGB SCART to component cables.

S.

4. aldo

aldo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Albertz. You Wont Go Wrong With The Viera Its A Fantastic Telly. I Got It From Robert Whyte In Glasgow For £2500 Including Pedestal Stand And 3 Years Warranty .they Are Now Giving A 5 Year Warranty.good People To Deal With .i Had The Latest Sony 36 Crt And This Blows It Away

5. aldo

aldo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Steve P. Ta Very Much For Info. Think Il Keep It On The Devils Setting Cause I Like The Look Of It Like That.i Havent Seen Blade Runner ,more Of A Wicker Man Fan.

6. albertz

albertz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    thanks aldo!

thats what ive wanted to hear for a long time,i have seen many plasmas but to be honest with the terrible set ups they have in some stores, they looked alot worse than my sony crt, therefor i was never really able to find out if upgrading to plasma meant losing some quality, but you have put my mind at rest

cheers mate! :D

7. davegtt

davegtt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Viera gets the thumbs up from me too. I hear its good for 60k hours although when set to dynamic its only good for 15k hours (figures taken from hornydragon ;) ) so If I was you Id get it onto cinema or normal mode ;)

8. buzzby

buzzby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Even for 15K hours that is still 5 years of use when viewed for 8 hours a day

9. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +990
    I have mine set to cinema mode and have got passed the 200 hours mark. What should I switch this to now - normal or dynamic?