1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viera - "New DVB serices found"

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by rake, Feb 7, 2005.

1. rake

rake
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On powering up my Viera I get a blue box with the message:

"New DVB services found. Run DVB Auto Setup from Setup menu"

I duely run the Auto Setup which retunes all the channels and takes a few minutes, after which the TV returns to normal. Nothing new seems to have changed and all is well until the next time I turn the TV back on when the message returns.

This all started about a week ago, which I believe is when the two new Freeview channels appeared (Teacher's TV on 47, and Red Hot on 61 I believe). So am I right in thinking the DVB tuner has somehow detected the new channels, but running the Auto Setup is not tuning them in right, which is why I get the message every time I switch on?

Or is my Viera just broken :eek:

Rake

2. nic@highgroundd

nic@highgroundd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Ours does the same, so don't panic - it must be a software 'thingie'.

Rake - I think (although I'm not certain) you can turn 'off' this warning in the menus. I would just switch it off then check yourself for new channels if you feel inclined. I wouldn't discount the fact that the Viera has actually detected a new tv station as one springs up every 3 hours!

MTV 56 is only a week away.

3. rake

rake
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Nic. Well, yesterday I checked my software was up to date in the Systems Settings menu item, and I got the message that it was. So I thought what the heck let's retune the channels one more time in the DVB AutoSetup menu. And now the error message has gone!

Not sure if it was the software check or the final channel autotune that has cleared the message, but at last the dreaded blue box has gone!

4. jamesanderson

jamesanderson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    in the setup menu, change the power on preference to av, then when you turn on your set you will avoid this message by going straight to sky