viera link with hdmi3

jcochr

Novice Member
I have connections to hdmi1 and hdmi2 that are working with viera link but when I connect an LG DVD player to HDMI3 it does not register in the list - there are still only two. I have tried switching them off and on. Is the HDMI3 not available? It is on the side of a fairly old model. TQFF325

JayCee

Distinguished Member
You've given the type no of the remote control, not your TV's model no.
Have you tried a different HDMI cable?

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Have you tried the machine with a different HDMI port? If that works then you either have a configuration issue on the TV or a duff HDMI port.

jcochr

Novice Member
I switched around the hdmi plugs and the DVD player still is not recognized so I guess it is incompatible with the TV.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Please give the model no of your TV and LG DVD player if you want us to try and help get it working.
The TV's model no is printed on the label on it's rear and there will be a label on your DVD player's rear or underside.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Have you tried a different HDMI cable? It could be a cable fault. Does the machine work on another TV? Do the HDMI ports on the Panasonic TV work with other devices?

jcochr

Novice Member
TX-P42G10B is the TV and the DVD is the DVX392H. The HDMI works for the DVD in other respects but I can't use the Viera Link feature that is good for switching between sources.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom