1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viera LCD's finally in stores...

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by cerebros, May 15, 2004.

1. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    The new Viera LCD's have finally reached my local Shop @ Panasonic.

Have to say that I mus have been half asleep when I saw pictures of them before, because I'd assumed that the speakers either side of the screen were detachable, whereas in fact they're part of the unit, which I think looks a bit crap like that.

Couldn't form much of an opinion as it was only a quick look. They'd got the 28" running Finding Nemo DVD - which appeared to be filling the whole screen, so considering it's a 15:9 panel, it either crops off the left & right edges, or the store staff had it on some zoom mode to fill the entire screen.

The 32" was showing The Hits as a widscreen image, so I'm not sure if this was a zoomed in image or if it's off Sky, because AFAIAA The Hits is 4:3 on Freeview.

As I say, was only a brief look, so couldn't really comment on picture performance, but subjectively, the picture on the 32" seemed to be at least on a par with the 42" Viera plasma on the opposite wall that was also showing The Hits (admittedly, probably not the best test material).