1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viera here what now?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Doctor_AB, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Doctor_AB

Doctor_AB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Well viera 42" wall mounted and being used with Sky+. Very pleased great picture and excellent sound but obviousle I want the next step. So I need a reasonable DVD player and cinema sound system. My hi fi is in another room so cant use any of those components. Where do I start. Componets? all in one? 5.1? 6.1? 7.1?

Budget well thats another problem I want value rather than absolute cost but would be looking to spend up to £1000 for whole lot. Any suggestions from all you knowledge able people to get me started would be most welcome.

P.S. Viera plasma here but our beloved arsenal captain of the same name (I know its a different spelling may not be for much longer)

2. Si133

Si133

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am at the same stage as you. I'm looking at the options.

Firstly, I'm trying to decide whether to used my PC as the DVD player and hub, or get a DVD recorder.

If I go down the DVD recorder route, it makes sense to get the latest Panasonics, as they often top the reviews and polls, have progressive scanning, and work using your viera remote control

I haven't enve started looking at sound yet, but I know I want wireless! Anyone recommend a good set? :thumbsup: